Topic of Module: Legal Aspects 1 & 2
Date: March 28th, 2013
Presenter(s): Online Modules
Summary: This module had us carefully consider real school-life scenarios and apply the appropriate actions using the appropriate legal acts, policies and agreements.
We learned that in Education, students, teachers, parents, principals and districts have specific legal rights and responsibilities that serve to both protect them and make them responsible.
Reflection and Application: This module was rigorous in training us to consult the laws, acts and policies when seeking answers to tough legal and moral questions in education. I learned a lot from this module and I was actually able to apply my learning immediately when the grade 8 teachers at my school considered taking students skiing at Poley Mountain. I had recently created a Ski Trip Checklist for this course that was in accordance with Policy 709.
Another portion of this module that was particularly interesting to me was the “Ask an Expert” section. Being able to ask representatives from the Department of Education and the School Superintendents Association was very helpful, especially with my questions regarding the latest edition of the copyright matters document. I’m the school webmaster and a technology enthusiast, so fair dealing is important to me. I was very satisfied with the discussion, professionalism and literature-driven nature of this course.
See our video for the Stump the Audience: (video unlisted via youtube; this blog is also unlisted)
Resources and Readings from:
NB Department of Education Policies: http://www.gnb.ca/0000/policies.asp
NB Acts and Regulations: http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/attorney_general/acts_regulations.html

No comments:
Post a Comment